For the health and safety of our patients and staff, our clinics will be available by appointment only. Please call or email to schedule your in-clinic, curbside repair, or telehealth appointment. No walk-ins permitted due to COVID-19.
Our Maui clinic remains closed temporarily; however, we can often support you remotely. Please call or email for assistance.
Thank you for your patience. Please let us know how we can help you.
Our highest priority is the health and well-being of our patients and employees. Island Audiology is closely following guidance on COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 2019) from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Hawaii State Department of Health to stay on top of all developments. We fully recognize that many of the populations we serve are among the most vulnerable to diseases like COVID-19 and the flu.
In accordance with interim guidance from the CDC, we are also taking the following additional measures and requirements to further strengthen our protocols and safeguard our patients’ health during our in-clinic appointments:
- Stay at home if:
- …you are feeling sick or are experiencing a 100.4°F or higher fever, cough, sore throat, or shortness of breath. Please reschedule your appointment so as not to put others at risk.
- …you have lost your sense of taste or smell, even if temporarily.
- …you have traveled off island in the past 14 days.
- …you have or may have been exposed to someone who has or may have COVID-19.
- Masks required. All persons (patients and staff) must wear masks in our clinics, and for curbside service appointments. No mask, no service.
- No Walk-in patients. Dropping in can create a crowd in our lobby, which violates social distancing rules. Call to schedule a time to get your hearing aids cleaned and checked. We can also perform hearing aid repairs through our curbside service appointments.
- No companions. Although we love the support from patients’ family and friends, we need to keep our in-clinic person count low and practice social distancing. We can still get input from companions and loved ones remotely…ask us how!
- No children. Since the majority of our patients are in the high-risk group, we ask that children do not come in to our clinics. Keep them safer at home.
- In-clinic appointments are spaced out to be aligned with social distancing requirements. If you arrive early, please stay in your car until your scheduled appointment time.
- Our doctors wear masks, gloves, and/or face shields as needed for your protection. Our staff also wears masks, and you are required to wear a mask when you arrive and throughout your visit. Safe hygiene practices are followed, including frequent hand washing.
- All of our rooms are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected before and after each visit, including counters, doorknobs, equipment, tools, and chairs.
- Our staff have been instructed to stay home if sick. If your clinician becomes ill, we may need to reschedule your appointment.
- If you need additional accommodations, please don’t hesitate to call to discuss. Many questions and concerns can be handled over the phone. We are monitoring our calls Monday through Friday for all locations. Please leave a detailed message, and we will return your call promptly. You can also email us.
We understand the importance of hearing at your best, especially in this time when communication is so critical. If there are any updates, we will post on our website and social media.
If you are having problems with your hearing aids and cannot come in right away, please call or email us, and we’ll see whether we can help you over the phone or through a telehealth appointment. Many questions and concerns can be handled over the phone or video chat. We are monitoring our calls Monday through Friday for all locations. Please leave a detailed message, and we will return your call promptly. We are always happy to hear from our patients!
Mahalo for your understanding and compliance with our preventative measures. Please kokua.